European Data Incubator (EDI) is looking for 35 promising big data startups and SMEs to take part in their next round of incubation, including from energy sector stakeholders.
The programme includes tailored mentoring, access to major European corporates, free cloud environment for scalable data processing and equity funding. It will take startups through three intense phases of growth over eight months, from September 2020 – April 2021, with a combination of online sessions and physical meetings in Bilbao and Berlin. The selected applicants can get up to 100k€.equity-free funding.
How does it work?
Participant startups and SMEs will solve a challenge during the incubation programme. This year’s open call allows for 3 types of application tracks:
- The 1st track, “Ready made challenges” is a challenge pre-set by EDI, with options by large corporates in the fields of IoT, transport, sports, gaming, media, energy and the environment, fraud detection, smart cities, retail, health, agri-food and finance. The companies are established in their markets and can offer you the chance to connect with the sector in a new way, creating long-term relationships beyond the end of the project. Energy related challenges include: “Model Anomaly Detection” , “Electric Cars Charging Points Optimal Location” and “XML Publish Request Messages Real Time Monitoring Tool” among others.
- The 2nd Track “Half and half” involves bringing your own challenge, but solving it using one EDI dataset. There are several datasets on electricity that can be viewed here: https://data.edincubator.eu/dataset
- The 3rd Track “Free choice”: is bottom up, with no restriction on sectors. You are free to propose your own challenge, and solve it working with your own data provider and external datasets
The deadline to apply by is Wednesday 17 June at 12:00 am CEST.
Several info sessions will be organized in the coming months, including on:
- April 27th 2020, 1:00 pm – Link: https://www.f6s.com/ediopencall2020webinar1
- June 1st 2020, 1:00 pm – Link: https://www.f6s.com/ediopencall2020webinar2
For further details on the call and on how to apply visit the project website at https://edincubator.eu/