ION Energy Limited, Toronto, Canada, (TSXV: ION) (OTCQB: IONGF) (FRA: 5YB) has announced that the maiden exploration drilling program announced in June has been successfully completed at the company’s 100% owned Baavhai Uul Lithium Salar Project in south eastern Mongolia.
- First ever drilling program successfully completed on a Lithium Salar project in Mongolia;
- 21 core drill holes completed for 823.2 metres;
- Brine samples collected and initial samples submitted for analysis;
- Basin targets remain open and brines intersected are shallow; and
- Additional drilling and sampling is currently being planned
“The company is highly encouraged by the stratigraphic lithologies and brines intersected in the maiden drilling program at Baavhai Uul and both basin targets remain open in area. These are the first of many exciting Lithium Salar targets that ION Energy is generating in Mongolia for drilling in 2021.” said Ali Haji, CEO of ION Energy Ltd.
The Company has completed the drilling of 21 drill holes through the highlighted prospective basins. Collection of core samples, sediments and shallow brine from aquifers has been completed and submitted to SGS Laboratories (ISO 17025 Certified) in Ulaanbataar, Mongolia for assaying results of which will be analyzed in the coming months.