Infinity Stone Ventures Corp. has announced the initiation of an exploration program today at its Zen-Whoberi Copper-Cobalt-Platinum-Palladium Project. The Zen-Whoberi property is located north of Mont Laurier, Quebec, in the central metasedimentary belt of the Grenville geological province.
The reconnaissance program (“Current Work Program“), beginning June 6, 2022, aims to confirm historical work on the property and will consist of:
- A soil sampling program of approximately 1,000 soil samples on a 25-metre-spaced grid
- A lithogeochemical outcrop sampling
With the Current Work Program, Infinity Stone is working towards confirming and expanding the historical work programs from 2006 and 2007 by Quinto Resources Inc.
- Historical results with highlighted intervals including 0.57% Cu over 22.8 metres and 1.27% Cu over 3.8 metres from a single geophysical anomaly.
- Gold, platinum, and palladium encountered in historical drilling and trenching by Quinto, including 1.1g/t Au over 1.2 metres and 0.8 g/t Pt over 1.06 metres in hole CB-06-05, and several trench grab samples including T06-11 yielding 5.07% Cu, 0.59g/t Au, 3.9g/t Pt and 0.2g/t Pd.
- Numerous parallel geophysical anomalies, most of which remain untested.
The Company intends to further leverage new data and results to work towards a comprehensive drill program later this year.
“We are excited to announce our first work program of Summer 2022 as we look to further develop our expanding portfolio of battery metal projects. The Zen-Whoberi Project has promising historical work completed in the past and we hope to confirm and further expand on this in the immediate short-term, with the ultimate goal of a larger scale exploration project later this year,” said Infinity Stone CEO, Zayn Kalyan.
The Zen-Whoberi Project is located approximately 300km from Glencore Canada’s (“Glencore”) Horne Smelter, located in Rouyn-Noranda, QC, Canada’s only operating copper smelter, and approximately 270km from Glencore’s Canadian Copper Refinery (CCR) in Montreal, QC, Canada’s only operating copper refinery.